Tuesday, 28 April 2015

A Summer Quilt

I have a make to share with you today. Last August I started making a quilt out of Suffolk Puffs, a very ambitious project! Suffolk Puffs are little circles of fabric made by gathering around a circle and pulling the thread up to form a little 'puff'. They are quick and very easy to make but you need a lot to  cover a large area.
                           
These quilts are designed with holes in as they are for summer use and therefore are not as heavy as a traditional patchwork. I think quilts are such a lovely thing to make and keep to pass onto children or other family members. I'll definitely treasure this one for years.
I finally finished this quilt last week after so many months of sewing. There are 756 circles in my quilt! I'm so glad it is finished now and I love it, I could look at all the different fabrics for hours. There are so many pretty designs. I think i'll make something a little less time consuming next though! 
Have you ever made a quilt or project that took you a long time but was worth it? 
Do you have a quilt in your family that has been passed down or holds memories? 


Hayley Ann x

3 comments:

  1. Goodmorning Ann,
    Great...You created a very beautiful quilt!...it's a work of Art indeed...and Yes,I agree totalyy with You that to create something artistic it need a lot of time and effort.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes the best things come out of hard work x

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, this is so splendidly pretty! What an eye-catching, creative, delightfully fun project and finished piece. My first thought - and it really is - is what an instant heirloom you've created here. Stellar work, dear gal!

    Big hugs, the happiest of May wishes, and my sincere thanks for your lovely, caring comment on yesterday's post.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.