Thursday, 23 April 2015

Good bargains and spring flowers

We've been having lovely weather in Shropshire this past week so my family and I went for a trip to the local market town of Shrewsbury. It's a lovely town with independent shops and lots of character. I managed to pick up some good bargains from the charity shops this time. After a bit of shopping we walked along the River Severn and through the gardens which are beautiful at this time of year. 
 The beautiful spring flowers are now in bloom in the gardens. 



To commemorate the first world war, a lovely display.
My bargains, including a few knitting patterns and a lovely hand mirror. 
I picked up a fantastic book from the late fifties about dressmaking which covers everything, and it was only £3! 

It was a lovely was to spend an afternoon and make the most of the lovely weather.

Hayley Ann x

4 comments:

  1. What wonderfully nice finds! The dressmaking and needlework book looks like it will be a highly enjoyable read. That hand mirror is gorgeous. Swoon!!! I love anything pink and have items in that colour peppered all throughout my house, including in one of our bathrooms (which is where I'd put such a mirror, as I don't have room for a dressing table - much as I wish I did, that's a dream decor item of mine).

    That garden is absolutely breathtaking! What a stunning spot to have nearby to where you live. I'd be there routinely for sure, if I was in the area.

    Big hugs & many thanks for your lovely comment on today's post, my fellow pink adoring lady,

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hand mirror has place on my dressing table now and will be well loved! It is such a beautiful garden and very relaxing too, I try to visit as often as I can.
      Best wishes over to Canada,
      Hayley Ann xx

      Delete
  2. what a beautiful garden full of marvellous spring colours1 also Your outfit is very gorgeous...cheers!
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and compliment Aure! X

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.