Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Murder under the Magnolia- An Agatha Christie adventure

One of my favourite places to visit in England is South Devon and one of my favourite authors is Agatha Christie so what is better than combining the two! A few weeks ago my family and I ventured down to South Devon for Easter. Whilst we were there we visited two our favourite National Trust properties. They are both different to the stereotype of National Trust stately homes and both have so much character.

The first is Agatha Christie's holiday home of Greenway on the River Dart. She spent many happy holidays here with her family and that is clear when you visit. The house has such a lovely atmosphere and there are lovely touches such as her much-loved piano which visitors can play.

 Agatha's bedroom, You can't see it on this photo but her husband Max slept in his camping bed as he found it more comfortable!
 The wonderful library

The view of the River Dart from the boat house.

One of Agatha's novels 'Dead Man's Folly' is set at Greenway and the television adaptation is filmed at the house. This was another highlight of the trip;seeing where the show was filmed and imaging the cast within the house.

If you are ever in this area of the world I urge you to visit Greenway, you won't regret it!

Hayley Ann

4 comments:

  1. Oooohh, if I could hop on a plane right now and go visit, I would in a heartbeat - and I'd take my dear mom with me, as she's a big fan of Agatha's classic tales (as am I). That really looks like an marvelous place. Thank you for taking us along with you. I greatly enjoyed it.

    With all my heart, thank you as well for your kind, caring comment on today's outfit post. I'm going to gather up all of the well wishes that I receive online for my Grandma and send them to her in a card + letter in a few days. I know that they'll mean the world to me, just as they do to me.

    Huge hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica for your lovely comment. I'm very glad you enjoyed reading about Agatha's home. That is such a lovely idea for your grandma, I'm sure she will appreciate your efforts to pass on everyone's wishes and that her recovery will be speedy.
      Best wishes,

      Hayley Ann xx

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Greenway! What a treat this must have been. I did chortle at her husband preferring his camping bed. Maybe she was a duvet hogger?!

    Thanks for having stopped by my blog earlier, I'm pleased to have found yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should visit if you ever get the chance, it's wonderful. Haha yes, maybe she wanted that lovely big bed to herself! Thanks for commenting! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.