Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Outfit Post: Dusky Pink

A lot of my clothes are from High Street brands but styled in a vintage way. I recently found this lovely Dusky Pink dress on the sale rail at Dorothy Perkins for the bargain price of £10.

 I have a lot of Dorothy Perkins dresses with a vintage style. I particulary like the fabric choice of this one, it resembles Crimplene and hangs really nicely. I find the fit flattering too and it suits my body shape.
I teamed the dress with vintage accessories. The brooch is a Coalport China rose which was very kindly given to me by a lady on the market. I couldn't believe my luck when I found out it was Coalport! I live near where they make this China and it is popular all over the world. 
I'm not sure what year the hat is from but it was another bargain at £2 from a local antique centre. It was a bit battered and needed a bit of love so I sewed two small flowers from a matching fabric and attached them to where the feathers sit. I was quite pleased with the result. 


Have you had any good bargains that needed a bit of love like my hat?

Hayley Ann x

10 comments:

  1. I would never have guessed it was new, it's a lovely dress - Good find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennie, you never know what you're going to find on that sale rail!

      Delete
  2. What an incredibly pretty - and extremely vintage looking - find, sweet dear. You're the picture of radiant loveliness and feminine charm in this whisper soft pink frock (that is making me want one in the exact same hue soooo much now!).

    Big hugs & many thanks for your fantastic comment on today's post about 1980s fashion,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Jessica, you really are lovely. You'll have to keep a look out for this colour and I'm sure a dress will come your way! X

      Delete
  3. Great,this's a great outfit!...so charming...so nice vintage style...so charismatic on You...it's a work of Art indeed!
    The accessories are just perfect...the hat is very lovely...You made a such nice work...cheers!
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment Aure

      Delete
  4. That's a really cleverly-put-together outfit - who'd guess it was a DP dress?

    All my garments that need work were expensive, which makes me very annoyed! It's the cheap stuff that seems to last with me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the high street can be surprising, you just have to see through the racks of leggings! That is annoying when you invest in a piece and it wears easily. Sometimes it's better to have four cheap dresses instead!

      Delete
  5. Your DP dress is fab - great colour and shape. I always find they're the one brand I can never get to work on my body shape. I don't know what it is but nothing ever fits me well from that shop. Such a shame, they have great stuff sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CiCi! Aw that is a shame, it's always annoying when you find lovely clothes that don't suit you. Dorothy Perkins have lovely vintage inspired styles too. x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.