Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Sunny Yellow - the perfect summer cardigan

In my last post there was a glimpse of a recently finished yellow cardigan. Today i'm going to share more details about my new favourite cardigan. My mum knit this cardigan for me using a mixture of an eighties pattern and her own creativity. I think she's done a great job! 
The wool was given to us by a friend and is a lovely sunny yellow, perfect for summer. I wanted a forties style so the top of the rib just sits on my waist, the sleeves are shorter and there is a little tie around the neck. 

We just used the eighties pattern for the lattice design and then designed the shape and style as we went along. I think there is quite a difference between the pattern and the finished article! I prefer mine a lot more! 

In true wartime fashion, this was knitted from the stash so we only had to buy the buttons. Total cost was one pound! 
I'm very pleased with this cardi, it matches with a lot more than I thought it would and fits me really nicely. Good job mum! 

I've only got the sleeves left on my green cardigan now so it won't be long before i'll be sharing another knit.

Hayley Ann x

11 comments:

  1. Your mum has done a fabulous job! You look just darling wearing your cute cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovely and sunny! Just need the good weather now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the British weather won't last, it's not much of a winter cardi, need some sunshine! Thank you for commenting Jennie

      Delete
  3. It is gorgeous and a perfect sunny yellow! What a clever mum! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely cardigan. I am especially taken with the soft butter yellow hue and its classic length. So many modern cardigans seem to hit about mid-thigh (on me at least) and while that works on some folks, it rarely does on my figure, so I love any vintage, handmade or vintage appropriate cardigan that ends at the waist like this absolute beauty does.

    Big hugs & many thanks for your wonderfully nice comment on today's new vintage outfit post,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Jessica, most modern cardigans are longer and have less shaping which is why I also love handmade ones, then I can have them exactly as I want! Xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, what an economical knit. It looks really lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is a greater sense of achievement when the project costs less to make so I was very pleased with this economical knit! Thank you for your comment Mim.

      Delete
  6. hello,ciao...yes You're right,the cardigan fits Your silhouette really nicely. also the colour is very nice:very pretty!
    Your Mum did a gret work indeed!
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cardigan is such a perfect colour - I could use something like this myself! CC x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.