Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Italian Riveras and Seaside Prints

 Vintage Frills and CiCi Marie have shared their thoughts of a new print from George at Asda. I have also bought the Dress form the Seaside Print range and thought i'd share my review with you. 

I have a few seaside print dresses so when I saw this one for sale in Asda I had to have it! Especially for the fantastic price of £20! The print reminds me of the Amalfi Coast in Italy and is so pretty, It's printed like a Watercolour so isn't too stark. These pictures are from my recent holiday to the Italian Lakes.

 
 
The dress was perfect for the hot weather as it is made from a cool cotton and just has thin straps. There is a lining and also a net layer which gives the skirt more shape and structure. Although it's not a full circle skirt, the net does make it feel more substantial and gives it that fifties look.



 
I accessorised the dress with a blue bangle that I think is probably from the sixties, a belt and of course sunglasses! The belt is definitely needed as the bodice is a bit big on me and I think the dress looks so much better when your waist is defined.
 
 
If the dress had any faults it would be the sizing of the bodice but it is only minor and is fixed with a few stiches in either side. I love this dress, it is one of my favourites and such good quality!
 
 
Hayley Ann x
 
 
 
 
I am not connected with Asda in anyway, I bought the dress for my enjoyment and all views are my own. 
 

 

10 comments:

  1. That's a nice dress - and very approporiate for your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mim, I thought it reflected the scene well!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! The pictures of you on holiday are perfect, and your dress couldn't suit the location better if you tried. I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous thank you! There'll be more photos soon!

      Delete
  3. Seriously lovely!!! Were I on your side of the pond, I would be snapping up this chic, beautiful Italian novelty print in a heartbeat, too.

    Big hugs & happy September wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jessica, a shame you cannot get this dress but I'm sure there are some lovely alternatives on your side of the Atlantic! x

      Delete
  4. estilo muy maravilloso:10 sobra 10!
    feliz week-end

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to me (I also wore the dress here http://www.cici-marie.com/2015/07/outfit-holiday-skirt-en-vacance.html in case anyone wants to see it on)!

    I was so tempted to snap the dress up too - it looks great on you! So much more expensive looking than a supermarket buy too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I forgot to link to you wearing it so thanks for that! It's such good quality for a supermarket! x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.