Monday, 5 October 2015

Summer in October

In typical British fashion, the weather can't make it's mind up so here is another summery post! These photos were taken yesterday, we are now in October and seem to be having better weather than we've had all summer! At least we can keep wearing our lovely summer clothes. This outfit came together so well and with the perfect weather I couldn't miss an opportunity for some photos. Especially as we were in the lovely town of Bridgnorth, home to the Severn Valley Railway.


 
 
 The Severn Valley Railway has always been a favourite place of mine, especially when the forties event is on! There were no special events this weekend but it's still a great place to go. I'm so lucky to live close by.

 
 I wore a skirt that I made earlier in the year, I love the fabric so much and it was very easy to make. It's perfect for summer weather and is so comfy too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The basket is my new favourite accessory, I've been looking for a handbag basket for a long time so when I found this one in an antique centre recently, it had to be mine!
 
                          
 
Maybe the British weather will realise it's October soon but for now i'm quite enjoying this unexpected sun!
 
Hayley

16 comments:

  1. Cheers!...thi's such a great post!...each photo is as beautiful as a painting...and...Your outfit is stunning on You,it celebrates Your gorgeous Silhouette at the best and make shining Your Beauty and Style!
    let's enjoy these summer days
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a nice compliment, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hola,me encanta el look:estás guapísima y muy elegante! la falda estas muy muy muy preciosa, una Maravilla!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a cute basket bag! It looks adorable with the kitschy flower print skirt. Something very British about it - which is in no way a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Even more British with the crazy weather!

      Delete
  5. Darling outfit and that basket bag is the perfect thing to finish it off! I adore any kind of wicker purse and a basket bag is certainly on my vintage bucket list. One day! Yours is a great find. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Bonita! I couldn't believe it when I saw the basket hiding in a corner!

      Delete
  6. That looks like a lovely day out. You can't beat old trains. So much nicer than the modern ones! And your basket is fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about the smell and sound of a steam train!

      Delete
  7. This outfit is so gorgeous, and one I would definitely wear - I love off the shoulder style plain tops, and I'm all about full knee length skirts right now, plus the fabric is lovely. I'd love to find a little basket bag like that, I'm always keeping my eyes open for them!
    Sian xx Rebel Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Sian! I have so many of these tops but they're just so easy to style with everything! I'm glad you like the outfit x

      Delete
  8. What a splendidly pretty skirt. You look so lovely! I have a halter dress (bought on eBay years ago) in a very similar (I almost wonder if it's identical, actually) fabric. I'll have to sport it on CV when the weather perks up again (many months from now) and you can tell me if you think it is indeed the same.

    Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How weird if it's the same fabric, it is lovely fabric though. A dress would be lovely in this fabric, I look forward to seeing your dress when it gets a bit warmer! x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.