Friday, 8 January 2016

The Hills are Alive...

...with the Sound of Music! Every new dress I own becomes my favourite but  this Lindy Bop Gilda Alpine dress will stay my favourite for a long time. This dress was top of my Christmas wish list as soon as I saw it on the website so when I finally got it I was so pleased! As I've mentioned before, Austria is one of my favourite countries so to find a fifties style dress with an Austrian design is perfect.


I already own a few Lindy Bop dresses which are lovely but I often have issues with their sizing. The actual sizing of the garments doesn't seem to correspond to the sizing chart. However this dress fits perfectly and the measurements are true to size.

 
 
The fabric is quite thick which gives the skirt more shape, I am wearing a petticoat but it's definitely not essential with this dress as the fabric and pleats structure it. I love the detail and shape of the bodice too with the collar and buttons.
 


 
 
 
 
I bought this brooch from a market stall last year for 50p and have been waiting for the right outfit, I think this is it! My mum knitted the cardigan to match as a Christmas present. It's a pattern from 'Knit Vintage' which is designed as a jumper but I think it's far better as a cardigan and a lot more versatile.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I absolutely love this dress and can't find any faults at all, if I designed an ideal dress for me this would be it!
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. This dress is fantastic on you!!! I love the border print, so romantic! Your cardigan is just perfect, what a fantastic gift from mum! Did you like the little jacket bolero with the matching print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is the other variation that came with the bolero which I do like but I don't think it would suit me as much x

      Delete
  2. Ah the Lindy Bop size chart... you do wonder why they bother with it at all, it can be so far out! Well done for finding something that fits and looks this fab ;) I do love this print and think it was a stroke of genius on their part - it's the kind you'd expect to find from a much more expensive repro brand, generally...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely, hopefully it's the start of some lovely novelty prints!

      Delete
  3. hello,ciao....great photos! fabolous look! the combo dress and cardigan is so stunning on You...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress, it looks great with that cardigan. I bought it as a skirt as I love this print so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally wanted the skirt but I'm glad I have the dress now. The skirt would be more versatile though!

      Delete
  5. That dress looks stunning on you! I had my eye on it but couldn't justify it! Looks lovely with the red cardi too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a lovely dress! I really wanted one and thought my husband had got it for me for Christmas, but he hadn't! Perhaps they will release something similar in 2016. Yours really suits you, the fit is spot-on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no, how disappointing Mim! Thank you

      Delete
  7. I love a good pin! That one is gorgeous on this outfit. I think you could even get away with wearing it on a few other pieces. I think the green would work with more cardigans and even t-shirts!

    xx Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I can't resist a good brooch! I think it would, i'll have to experiment.

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.