Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Another knit complete

Way back last year I blogged about a new cardigan with a Tyrolean design, which I have finally finished at last. I'm so glad to have this cardigan completed!


 
 
 
Although the pattern looks complicated, it was fairly easy to knit as it is repeated all over so I soon got used to it.
The only thing I altered about the pattern was the sizing of the sleeves which I knit a size smaller and reduced the amount of increases as I wanted a tighter fit for a more forties look which I think I have achieved.

 
 

I thought this little bunny brooch was perfect to match. I created a simple roll in my hair and put on red lipstick to complete the forties inspired look. I'm looking forward to wearing this cardigan with my swing trousers to create a more authentic look.

 


 
 
Although this cardigan took a long time for me to knit, I'm very pleased with the final result and I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of it.
 
Hayley Ann x






8 comments:

  1. Incredible cardigan! I love the detail and the colour is super pretty! Well done on this project, it has really come together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,ciao...nice photos! the cardigan is great,the colour is lovely and blend at perfection with your hair look and red lipstick that is very nice...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  3. Your cardigan is really lovely, such a nice, detailed stitch pattern. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a very clever design being mock cable, the end result is very effective!

      Delete
  4. You cardigan looks just right for spring. I like this grass-green color and cute details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.