Monday, 4 April 2016

A Day on the Steam Railway

 
I've mentioned the Severn Valley Railway before, It's a place I regularly visit but I've never before been in the dining carriage. However yesterday was a special day as we spent the day on the railway and had a lovely dinner in the dining carriage for my dad's birthday.
 
 
I wore a Collectif dress which I bought in the sale last year for the bargain price of £14! I've been saving it for the perfect setting, I think a steam railway is a pretty good one! I love the fit and design of this dress, it's so pretty.
 



 
The dining carriage is from the 1930s, it was originally for first class service which you can definitely tell. The service was very good from all the staff who were fantastic.
 
 
 
 
The meal was delicious too, I had apricot and chicken terrine to start, poached salmon for main and traditional bread and butter pudding to finish. The servings were large and very tasty!



 

It was a really lovely day, the perfect way to celebrate my dad's birthday. The Severn Valley have a 1940s weekend in June and July which I am now looking forward to even more!

Hayley x

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a really lovely experience! What a gorgeous train (and station), and a perfect excuse to dress up. You look awfully stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,ciao Hayley Ann,
    what a great post,the atmosphere,the dishes,the landscape all is so nice! Your outfit is stunning and you bring the sunshine!...by the way the selfies are the best,the photo IMG_0260.JP is a work of art as you shine such Charisma...cheers!
    by the way the lovely necklace is perfect along the dress...so charning look!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely outfit for a lovely day! Your dad must have really enjoyed his birthday.

    I look forward to seeing your pics from the 1940s weekend, if you go back for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a feminine dress, and you have accessorised beautifully! Your outfit was perfect for your lovely lunch. It looks like a fantastic day out. I hope your dad had a great time too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bonjour,
    ta tenue est tres tres tres charmant,Magnifique! Superbe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire historical trains, I like how different and more elegant they were. My dream is to travel with the Orient Express :)
    Check out my 1920s inspired look (link)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and feminine outfit!
    I wish I had the chance to ride that train too
    I'm glad you enjoyed your dad's birthday!!

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. very very pretty dress and shoes! very feminine and classy,elegant look!
    Please,please,please share another post feat. a your outfit? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I have never visited here! Thanks for putting it on my radar adn love the outfit :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look is very Fabolous! the photos are all nice but Your selfie are very nice and breathtaking! I look forward to seeing other selfies of yours wearing a fabolous vintage look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.